Recipe from “The Banana Lover’s Cookbook” by Carol Lindquist
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup rolled oats
2 large, ripe bananas – coarsely mashed
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, cream butter. Beat in sugars until well mixed. Add egg and continue mixing until fluffy.
- Add flour half at a time, along with salt, spices, and baking powder, beating until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix in oats, mashed bananas, and vanilla until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet and bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Remove cookie sheet from oven and remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
Yield: About 3 dozen (or more!! in my case)